MGA Research is known as one of the leading automotive testing companies worldwide. It’s true we focus on safety and reliability, doing all we can to protect both drivers and passengers as we conduct product safety. In addition to the automotive industry, MGA conducts safety testing in the aerospace and energy storage industries as well as equipment fabrication.
What We Need
We are looking for Engineers with technical backgrounds who are comfortable in both independent and team-oriented roles; Leadership opportunities are available creating a high potential in career advancement.
Daily roles include customer interaction, high-level problem solving, and data analysis.
- Collaborate with related MGA facilities to maintain consistent operating practices and introduce improvements throughout.
- Provide "hands-on" test engineering including project setup, specifications, and performance
- Guarantee that new testing equipment is performance validated, operating procedures are in place, and training is conducted
- Manage numerous continuous improvement initiatives without disruption of day-to-day testing activities.
- Ensure lab equipment maintenance is performed as needed and equipment calibration schedules are adhered to.
- Forecast facility and equipment needs to support business growth.
- Provide technical support of day-to-day testing activities.
- Quality related activities such as preparation, checking, and filing of calibration reports and maintaining our instrument database
- Daily communication with project engineers to forecast resource needs and help set priority of workload with our instrumentation teams
Working at MGA Research, it’s critical to have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. For this position, it is imperative to have a Bachelor of Engineering degree at an Accredited University.
Additional Qualifications include:
- Strong desire to work in an advanced technical field
- Quality and safety mindset
- Comfortable using hand tools
- Comfortable working with computers
- Authorized to work in the United States
Other desired skills:
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and constantly changing environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Clean and organized worker to help drive overall shop cleanliness and organization.
- Confidence to speak up for safety related issues.
What We Offer - Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid sick/vacation/holiday
- Competitive Pay
- Yearly discretionary bonuses and raises
- 401k matching
- Tuition reimbursement while employed at MGA
- Opportunity for advancement: MGA promotes internally
- Travel opportunities between MGA’s North American facilities
Our facilities in North America include:
- Akron, NY
- Burlington, WI
- Greer, SC
- Irving, TX
- Lincoln, AL
- Manassas, VA
- Mississauga, Ontario
- Troy, MI
- Hughson, CA
We aim to continue our mission in providing quality services to our customers as we seek to expand our team while contributing to the exciting world of testing in the safety industry.
Anyone with these skill sets, and all other interested applicants are encouraged to apply.
MGA Research is an equal opportunity employer.
Share this job:
This is a full time position.